A few things to keep in mind before your retreat
- Yoga can help with many ailments, but if you have any particular concerns or health issues, or are suffering from any illness or injury, we advise you to consult a qualified medical practitioner before coming to your yoga retreat.
- It is important to refrain from eating at least two hours before class and not to drink at least 30 minutes before class.
- We strongly discourage drinking anything during Asana practice. However, it is important to drink plenty of water after your session to help your body eliminate the toxins released through yoga practice.
- You should wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing, preferably made of natural fibres.
- Please don't use strong smelling perfume or deodorants as they may disturb other class participants.
- Refrain from wearing sun-cream, make-up or any oil based products during the class.
- Smoking or consumption of alcohol in the grounds of the yoga studio is strictly forbidden.
- For your own peace of mind, and out of respect for other class participants, we request that your telephone be kept switched off during classes.
- Yoga mats are provided for the yoga classes. We also sell new yoga mats.
- Bear in mind that Langkawi is predominantly Muslim and many locals are quite traditional in their outlook. If you are walking to yoga class through the kampong please respect local sensitivities and avoid wearing overly revealing clothing. This applies to both men and women.
- Please avoid wearing loose shorts that expose your underwear during class. This applies to both men and women.
- It can be useful to have a long sleeved garment for the early morning meditation.
- Payment must be made in full before the start of your yoga retreat.
- Bring a sense of humour and an open-minded willingness to learn.
Determination, courage and self-confidence are the key factors for success. If we have firm determination, we can work out obstacles and difficulties. Whatever the circumstances, we should remain humble, modest and without pride.
- Dalai Lama